Saturday, December 20, 2008

Tom Cruise is Normal Part 1: Tired of the Tom Cruise Apology Tour

Tom Cruise, is a red blooded, heterosexual normal American man. And I say that because I believe it is true. And I believe it is true because if I did not, Tom Cruise's lawyers would sue me.

So Tom Cruise went on the Today show this week and made up with Matt Lauer. Let me just speak for America when I say "WHEW!". You can ask my girlfriend, many a night I was woken up crying "Why can't Tom and Matt just get along?". At last our long national nightmare is over.

In fact Tom Cruise has been going to lot of places and making up for past behavior. Its been the TOM CRUISE APOLOGY TOUR 2008. He went on Letterman and did a Top Ten List. He told Screen Weekly how he wants to make kids movies. He has promised to stop talking about Scientology to Matt Lauer. He is on the cover of People talking about how important his family is to him. Hell, in his new movie he plays a GOOD NAZI. It just goes on and on.

Now I don't feel either way about Tom Cruise. I mean I like him depending on how good the movie is. I liked Collateral, A Few Good Men, Rainman, a few others. I liked Jerry Maguire til everyone started screaming "SHOW ME THE MONEY!" So I never hated the guy, I just am not a super fan.

But I never found him as a person, that interesting, until a few years ago. You know when he fired his old press agent and went NUTZ! And I think that is what we are missing with this NEW Tom Cruise, that sense of crazy. No more calling Matt Lauer glib, or comparing Dr. Drew to a Nazi, or telling Brooke Shields she can get over her postpartum depression with vitamins. That Tom Cruise is gone. Sort of sad. I think I will miss that Tom Cruise most of all.

So Tom Cruise has a new movie out... he is doing press ... you can predict the answers to his questions before he answers them. Ah Tom Cruise of 2005, we hardly knew ya.

3 comments:

  1. When are you gonna blog about the Herve V. biopic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Tom Cruise is cast as the lead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am interested in hearing some of the old stories of Synergy Title on your blog. I think it is only fair the rest of the world knows what we had to go through on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete