Saturday, January 31, 2009

Someone at iTunes Hates Rachel Maddow

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of MSNBC's Rachel Maddow and The Rachel Maddow Show. In fact I have been a fan of Rachel Maddow since the Air America morning show she did with Chuck D from Public Enemy and Lizz Winstead. A friend of mine is such a fan that during one of the post debate shows she was on lastyear, he made the entire room be quiet because "Someone intelligent is speaking."

It’s because I am a fan, that when I started missing episodes of her show, I started to download the podcasts from iTunes. It’s great. I'd get to watch any shows I miss either on my way to work in the morning, or on the way home.

It was after I had downloaded a few of these podcasts that I found something... unsettling. At the bottom of my iTunes, under "Selected Item", it shows a picture representing what you are high-lighting in your iTunes. It was I then began to notice that iTunes was putting up the most unflattering pictures of Ms. Maddow.

I swear none have been doctored.



Okay so maybe that one is just a bad haircut.

But they get progressively worse.



These are just from the first week of December. (Click on them to see in their full glory)






I took a TV class in high school. When Mrs. Gillespie taught us editing, it was start with mouth shut and eyes open. Apparently no one told this to the people who do Rachel's pics at iTunes. Here are some beauties from the rest of December.




I thought maybe after the first of the year, someone would have noticed, But no… we get these gems from January.





And then this one just from last Friday…










I am going have to bring this Rachel's attention, and hopefully we can get something done. I will be posting more pics as the problem persists.

Sorry Rachel.

Jason

1 comment: