Thursday, June 11, 2009

If You Make Fun Of Sarah Palin, Apparently You Hate America

I sort of thought after she and John McCain lost the election, Sarah Palin would go away. Apparently not. Which is weird to me cause you know you didn’t see Lloyd Bensen skulking around after he and Michael Dukakis lost in 1988. Apparently Governor Palin didn’t get the memo.

Apparently the Palins were in New York last weekend, ya know doin’ what normal hockey mom / Joe six-packs do, seeing a Yankee game in box seats with Rudy Guliani, staying at 5 star hotels, marching in parades to honor William Seward and getting an award from Independent Group Home Living Foundation. You know, just normal average every day American things. I went to New York a couple weeks ago and just walked around Times Square and saw “Shrek the Musical”, but that was only because I am one of the “cultural elite”.

Anyway what also happened in New York was David Letterman made the following jokes about The Palins at the Yankee game in that “during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez

To this Palin responded with:
“Concerning Letterman's comments about my young daughter (and I doubt he'd ever dare make such comments about anyone else's daughter): 'Laughter incited by sexually perverted comments made by a 62-year-old male celebrity aimed at a 14-year-old girl is not only disgusting, but it reminds us some Hollywood/NY entertainers have a long way to go in understanding what the rest of America understands -- that acceptance of inappropriate sexual comments about an underage girl, who could be anyone's daughter, contributes to the atrociously high rate of sexual exploitation of minors by older men who use and abuse others.'"

Which lead Letterman to clarify, that the joke was about Bristol Palin, her daughter who had already had a child out of wedlock and then apologized with the following:
"I would never, never make jokes about raping or having sex of any description with a 14-year-old girl," … "I mean, look at my record. It has never happened. I don't think it's funny. I would never think it was funny. I wouldn't put it in a joke."

He then invited the Palins to come back to New York and go on his show. Ya know, like normal everyday Americans do every day.

Did Letterman cross the line; I am not one to judge. I use “retard” in my daily language and used to do sketches about Christopher Reeve and the cast of Friends having cancer in my improv days.

No the problem I have is this sentence:
“...it reminds us some Hollywood/NY entertainers have a long way to go in understanding what the rest of America understands…”

First of all Sarah, can I call you, Sarah? That is what average everyday folks do right? You know the ones who don’t get to see the Yankees with Rudy or are even discussed on late night talk shows. The ones who save up for months, maybe years to be able to afford half the weekend you had in New York City or someplace comparable.

Sarah, you are not an average every day American. You are the Governor of Alaska, and ran for Vice President of the United States. You are nothing like average every day Americans. Nothing! The fact that you even pretend to have anything in common with people who live in the lower forty-eight is laughable at best, especially compared to a guy who grew up in the Midwest. At worst it is condescending and insulting

Here is the thing, Sarah. I am an average American. You can tell because I live pay check to pay check, and live in constant fear of losing my job. Is that any part of your day to day, Sarah? When I go on vacation, I tend to either save up for a while so I can afford to go, or I stay with friends not in a five star hotel. When I go to a baseball game, I get over priced tickets online or I sit in the cheap seats, not in a box with a former mayor and / or Presidential candidate.

And the other thing, average Americans laugh at you. Saturday Night Live’s rating tripled when Tina Fey was on doing an impression of you. There are not enough cultural elites and “Hollywood/NY entertainers” to boost their rating that much. By the way average Americans don’t get made fun of by Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live!

So Sarah as an average every day Jason-Pitcher of Miller Lite, and for all the other average everyday Americans…

YOU ARE NOT ONE US, SO STOP SPEAKING FOR US!!

Next time Sarah, you start to wonder if you still think you are an average everyday American, ask your self this:

“Do I think Sarah Palin is a joke?”

If your answer is “yes”, then once you lose your job and your house goes into foreclosure, you very well might be on your way.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment